Acasus works to improve the education and health of the world’s poorest children.
Acasus is a consultancy dedicated to helping governments implement transformational reforms in education and health.
We provide teams who work alongside government officials to implement ambitious reforms of school and health systems.
We aim to deliver results on the ground within two years. We do this by helping leaders in government to manage and implement better.
Our teams include highly skilled individuals with a wide range of experiences, including expertise in school and health system reform and experience at the world’s leading international consultancies and other professional organizations. Our teams have experience of working in more than forty countries.
Countries where our people have worked or undertaken research
Our support includes:
- Planning and developing improvement strategies
- Using data and other information to monitor progress and understand what works and what to do
- Building capacity and skills throughout the system
- Improving coordination and cooperation between different parts of government and other stakeholders
- Solving problems and challenges as they arise
- Understanding and removing barriers to improvement
- Accessing international evidence and lessons about what works
Work undertaken by Acasus since 2013, has included:
- Supporting implementation of a major education reform in South America, working with the ministry to plan interventions, strengthen monitoring, and accelerate implementation
- Supporting implementation of two major health system reforms in South Asia
- A review of efforts to support Girl’s Education in Northern Nigeria. Acasus led the review, including work in Abuja and Northern Nigeria
- A project to design market-based interventions to support the diagnosis of HIV in young children
- A project to develop a plan to increase primary enrolment for a South Asian country
- A project to analyse potential interventions to improve the leadership and management of immunization systems
- Support to a major school reform programme in Pakistan
- Research into the features of effective school systems in low-cost settings, published as The Learning Challenge
- Development of advice on Public-Private Partnerships for a national school system in South East Asia
More information on the types of issues we address and how we address they can be found in the Insights section.